Works Are Progressing At The Old Curiosity Shop

Works are now progressing in earnest at Sykes’ project at the Old Curiosity Shop, a 16th Century shop near Holborn Station, upon the London School of Economics’ campus.

The oak and douglas fir structural carpentry repairs are complete and the pegged clay tile re-roofing is commencing. Following these works, masonry, timber repairs, and decorations will follow prior to the scaffold dismantle and the project’s completion.

The building has connections to Charles Dickens who published a novel titled “The Old Curiosity Shop” in 1840, 80 years after Sykes & Son was formed.

It is a privilege to be involved with such a building full of character.