- About Us
- What We Do
- Working at Sykes
- Contact Us
20th February 2023
Andrew Burr Announce His Retirement As Managing Director
After more than 40 years’ service in the business, our Managing Director, Andrew Burr is set to retire on Friday 17th March 2023. His position as MD will be taken by our current Commercial Director, Chris O’Donnell who has worked at Sykes & Son Limited for more than ten years.
Joining in 1977 as a trainee surveyor, Andrew has spent the majority of his career, progressing within the Sykes business, with the past 26 years as a board director, and last ten as Managing Director.
The highlights of his tenure as MD include:
• Moving the business away from its Essex Street base after a 260-year period to brand new offices in Bloomsbury
• Recognition as the UK’s oldest construction company
• A focus on blue chip institutions as our client base
• A broad range of self-delivered services across our Building, M&E and Maintenance work streams including a fast-growing initiative in Passive Fire Protection.
• Establishment of four core values that help challenge us to consistently “do things well”.
Andrew is delighted at handing over the reins to Chris O’Donnell and is confident that Sykes will grow and prosper under his leadership whilst retaining the strong culture that has been built up over many years.
All at Sykes wish Andrew a long and happy retirement after his lifetime of work in the business.